Monday, July 30, 2012

Þorrablót

Tonight I drank with Thor, in friendship, kinship and love. 

This is one of my favourite holidays; Thor's protection in the middle of winter may not be as important here as in other places, but bigods the wind blew strong today. I thought the roof might disappear. Yet, it has stopped blowing now. Regardless, though, of weather, this holiday for me has always been a time to renew ties with Redbeard, and to thank Him for all He does for humanity, and to renew the "contract" by which He gives His blessing and protection. 

It's a particularly wonderful rite, one that has always been an incredible experience for me and others I've spoken to have expressed something similar. The feeling of warmth and protection during the blót is really something else.

Hail Þórr!



No comments:

Post a Comment