Thursday, January 23, 2014

Today

Hello all. Today's post is just a flargle of things, to make me feel like I'm a productive human being. I'll post something re: PBP later in the week, so I'm caught up on my letters. B. ....Blessed Be, and why I don't say it? Baphomet, and why he's not in any way related to Paganism? (Fucking seriously, people. All you have to do is read the wikipedia page.)

Anyway! So here I am sitting on my bed. I did some dumbbell exercises last night and I'm exhausted; fatigue sucks, because I like to run and I've been feeling much too tired lately. My puppy is lying on the end of my bed. The weather today is cooler than it has been lately, which is nice. It's been windy this week. I like the wind. 

This week, I did some work on Laguz, which is one of the easier runes to get a handle on. I feel like the further the Futhark moves away from the BIG concepts, the easier things get, but I don't know... Pertho was a hard one for me. I felt like I was missing a big part of the Mystery there, and to me all the stuff about childbirth was a red herring. Ah well. I'll give it another go the next time I sort through the Futhark.

I am excited, because I splurged on a couple of oracle decks I've been wanting for a while, Oracle of Shadows and Light and Oracle of the Shapeshifters. I love love LOVE Jasmine Becket-Griffith's art. I had this idea originally of combining the decks - they're only 30 cards each so I figure, you know, it'll give more variety and depth to have more cards to draw from. But I'll have to see how that works when they get here. Their energies might not combine well. Suuuuper pretty, though! I saw another deck from these two somewhere that's listed as "upcoming", one about vampires, which reminded me that I wanted to snag these so I looked 'em up and the prices are pretty good at the moment. I still feel a bit naughty!

I'm trying to pray in the mornings. I never did get around to that "pray five times a day" thing. My issue is that my sleeping patterns are really skewed compared to the usual, and it isn't helped by my fibromyalgia when sometimes I sleep really poorly and other times I sleep 12 hours. So matching the times with the prayers is a bit awkward. Nevertheless I sketched out a little prayer for myself and I'm trying it upon rising. It's interesting praying before my morning coffee! My mind is full of cotton wool and I don't feel as able to connect to the Gods, but that's interesting in itself and I think the experience of that will benefit me. 

Anyway, now I've thought of it, I'm going to flip through a prayer book for an afternoon prayer, and then maybe meditate - another thing I always put off and then forget to do! Almost 14 years a Pagan and still awful at remembering to do things. 

1 comment: