Saturday, October 25, 2014

Blue Skies, Green Grass

I love early summer.

In general, I'm not a summer person. The sun is too bright, and hurts my eyes. The heat is oppressive, as is the humidity. Summer lingers far too long, while autumn and winter are always too short.

But early summer is nice. Early summer brings with it a quiet contentment that suffuses through everything that lives. Plants grow and animals bask in the sun. The air is still cool enough to refresh so that the heat of the sun is not oppressive. The blue of the sky, the brightness of the colours, are a novelty. The joy of the season touches everyone.

By December the novelty will have started to wear off and the heat will be making me grumpy, but for now, with the first day of summer - Beltaine for some - on the horizon, I can't resist the vibrancy of the season.

I've been neglecting this blog lately. You don't know how often I think "Man, I should post to Hagstone", or taken a picture I want to post, and then thought, "nah, I'll do it later" and never get around to it. It was the weather that pushed me into it today. I was jotting down a few thoughts in a notebook and felt moved to write about to people who would understand. Though I suppose for most of you it's nearly winter.

I'm in a state of change, or at least I feel that way. I'm on a new medication for my fibromyalgia, which might help, I suppose. I feel more positive, like I'm getting on top of things at last. I'm branching out, trying new ideas, determined to make something of myself, to make positive changes in all aspects of my life.

In that vein I've started a Patreon for this blog. I figure it'll make me more likely to post, if nothing else! Don't feel obliged to back me, but do go and check out Patreon if you haven't before. There's likely some artist or other whose work you love that you'd like to back.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to read under a tree, and breathe the cool air. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment