Friday, June 10, 2011

30 Days of Paganism

This is a meme from way back last September, although I know people who are only really getting to the end of it now. I've posted this in a private blog, and I'm going to transfer it over bit by bit.

The idea is to post on each of 30 days (not necessarily in a row), focusing on different areas of one's religion. I am both a Heathen and a religious Hedgewitch, and while these are distinct religions, my path is in its way a single path, so I am answering these as per my beliefs. Whether something would fall into the "Heathen" category or the "Hedgewitch" category may sometimes be unclear, and I'll attempt to be specific. It's not so much that there's bleedover or overlap between them, as that my personal beliefs aren't exclusive of one another.

Here is the list, possibly slightly modified from the original as I nabbed it off a friend's wordpress:

30 Days of Paganism
1. Beliefs – Why (not) Paganism?
2. Beliefs – Cosmology
3. Beliefs – Deities
4. Beliefs – Birth, death and rebirth
5. Beliefs – Magic, spellcraft, mysticism etc
6. Beliefs – The power of prayer/reciprocity
7. Beliefs – Patronage and other deeper relationships
8. Beliefs – Holidays
9. Deity Gender
10. Patrons - Loki, and the Gods of my Hedgecraft
11. Pantheon – Odinn
12. Pantheon – Thorr
13. Pantheon – Various
14. Pantheon – Aesir, Vanir, Vaettir
15. Pantheon (anti) – Taking inspiration from a friend, "Outside the Bounds" - interactions with other deities.
16. The meaning of terms like "earth-based" and what they mean to this path
17. My ways of worship
18. Community
19. Paganism and my family/friends
20. Paganism and my relationship
21. Other paths I’ve explored
22. Paganism and major life events
23. Ethics
24. Personal aesthetics with magic and ritual
25. Priest? Clergy? One or both? Neither?
26. Any “secular” pastimes with religious significance, and why
27. How your faith has helped you in difficult times
28. One misconception about Paganism you’d like to clear up
29. The future of Paganism
30. Places of spiritual significance

No comments:

Post a Comment